A clean home. It’s a dream unrealized for many people. The reasons are endless. It could be that you simply don’t have enough time orenergy to keep it clean. It could be there’s simply too much stuff in your home to make sure everything stays clean. Maybe it’s the kids, the pets, or even your significant other. No matter what the reason behind it, you really do want to keep your home clean.
Cleaning your home regularly can help with everything from stress to productivity. If you’re like a lot of us that aren’t crazy about having to clean, knowing some of the benefits might give you that motivation. Here are three key reasons you may want to get started now.
- A clean house actually makes you feel better. You probably know that it feels great to have a clean house. You have a space where you can relax, you know you can always find exactly what you need, and you’re likely to feel more at ease in a clean environment. This isn’t just an idea, though, it’s scientific fact! There’s psychological evidence that a clean home puts you at lower risk for depression and anxiety, increases your activity level, and helps improve your sleep habits.
- Organization helps you focus and increases productivity. Princeton University conducted a study in 2011 that demonstrated how cleaning affects your focus. They found that having clutter in your home makes it more difficult to focus because of the effect on your visual cortex. By organizing your home, you make it easier to give your attention to the task at hand. With increased focus, comes increased productivity. People who live and work in organized environments are more productive at work.
- A clean house can improve symptoms associated with allergies and asthma. Dust mites can lurk almost anywhere, and that can trigger an allergic reaction. If you have asthma, that reaction is magnified. The messier the area, the more potential you have for dust mite issues. Regular cleaning, though, can keep that problem to a minimum and eliminate disease causing germs as well, keeping you healthier overall.
- Regular cleaning helps reduce the chance of pests. If you have a pest problem, you’re more likely to find it if you’re cleaning your home regularly. In fact, you’re more likely to prevent pests from settling in your home with regular cleaning. That’s because bugs and other pests often find themselves warm, damp, or dusty environments to hide and nest in.
- Cleaner homes protect your whole family. Many things can cause falls and injuries inside the home, but one of the biggest problems is a dirty home. Whether it’s a greasy surface in the kitchen or clutter in the living room, you or a family member could be at risk of injury from that dirty house.
Achieving a Cleaner, Tidier Home
A little cleaning can go a long way toward a happy healthy home, but if you’re like many people, you just can’t find the time to make it happen. At Christina’s Complete Clean, we can help. Whether you need a one-time deep clean or you just need a bit of regular help, we’re here for you. Click now to book an appointment!